The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
Raise Money Not Taxes: How to Set Up Your Public Agency for Effective Fundraising
Recorded On: 07/21/2020
Public animal care and control agencies often face external and self-imposed barriers to fundraising that inhibit their lifesaving and community programming. If you are unable to fundraise in your public shelter or you encounter roadblocks to fundraise effectively, join Shelly Simmons, CAWA, to hear how she conquered these obstacles at her government-run animal shelter and how it has improved how they serve their community. In this presentation, Shelly will:
- Debunk the misconception that government-run agencies cannot accept monetary donations.
- Share basic accounting principles to add confidence in conversations with decision makers.
- Explain how her agency legally accepts and spends donor dollars for special projects, additional staff, and new programs.
- Share how she protects donated funds from reverting back to the general fund.
- Discuss different fundraising strategies which made her agency more successful in its fundraising and lifesaving efforts.
This webinar recording is part of the new Innovation Bank. The Innovation Bank is a collection of bright ideas, innovative programs, and research that your organization can use for inspiration. Recorded sessions will be added to the series throughout Fall 2020.