The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
08/14/19 High-Performing Communications Team: Taking Your Team to the Next Level
What separates the third of nonprofits who rate their communications programs as effective from the two-thirds who say they are only somewhat effective or ineffective? It’s not a huge staff or budget. Instead, it is how people work together, including how they collaborate, make decisions, and create efficient workflows. During this webinar, you’ll learn the secrets of high-performing communications teams.
This session is Part 3 in a 5-part series on great internal communications and team management. Register for the full series and save $5 on the package.
This webinar recording has been pre-approved for:
- 1 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credit
- 1 point by the Certified Fund Raising Executives (CFRE)
- 1 CE by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) for Texas Animal Control Officers
Kivi Leroux Miller
Founder and CEO, Nonprofit Marketing Guide
Kivi Leroux Miller is the founder and CEO of Nonprofit Marketing Guide, where she helps nonprofit communications professionals learn their jobs and love their jobs through a variety of training and coaching programs. She has personally mentored hundreds of nonprofit communications directors and communications teams as a certified executive coach. She is a popular keynote, workshop, and webinar presenter, speaking dozens of times each year. Kivi is also the award-winning author of three books, as well as a popular blog:
- CALM not BUSY: How to Manage Your Nonprofit’s Communications for Great Results (2018, published by Bold & Bright Media, which Kivi co-founded.)
- Content Marketing for Nonprofits: A Communications Map for Engaging Your Community, Becoming a Favorite Cause, and Raising More Money (2013, Winner of the Terry McAdam Book Award)
- The Nonprofit Marketing Guide: High-Impact, Low-Cost Ways to Build Support for Your Good Cause (2010, used as the textbook in many college and certificate programs on nonprofit communications)
Because she can't get enough of nonprofits and entrepreneurship for good, Kivi also co-leads a Girl Scout troop and is vice president of the Lexington Farmers Market Association (Lexington, NC). She also co-founded Grow and Go Girls, a small baking and gardening business where all net profits go into a travel fund for a group of small-town girls to travel the big world, including one of her daughters.