The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
Idealware: Establishing Tech Policies to Protect Your Nonprofit— a 3-Part Course
Clear, concise policies governing the use of technology can help protect your nonprofit against the risks of scams, malicious software, and bad data handling practices. Do you have guidelines in place to ensure appropriate staff use of social media? Does your staff know what to do in the event of a natural disaster such as a flood, fire, or ransomware attack? How do you manage staff use of phones or computers that mix personal and work data?
If you don’t have written policies—and regular training to ensure that people understand them—your organization may face bigger risks than you think. Over three 90-minute webinars, we’ll walk you through the questions you should consider as you develop policies to protect your nonprofit.
Throughout this course, you will:
- Identify the risks your nonprofit faces and the level of risk with which you’re comfortable.
- Ask yourself important questions about what is and is not acceptable use of organization resources and tools.
- Learn to manage people and data to keep your organization safe from malicious attacks and honest mistakes.
- Walk through the pros and cons of whether staff members should use their personal devices for work.
- Consider the ways you can partner with your staff to protect organization data on personal devices.
- Review what you’ll need to do if your office experiences a major disaster such as flood, earthquake, or ransomware.
- Gain the knowledge you need to write smart policies to protect constituents, staff members, and your organization.
Toolkit Schedule: Thursdays, March 5 - 19, 1 to 2:30 PM Eastern.