The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
Innovative Annual Reports that Provide Value to Constituents
Recorded On: 06/20/2019
Producing an annual report is a management best practice. But let’s face it: traditional annual reports are also time-consuming and expensive with questionable return on investment. How can you turn what feels like a waste of resources into a powerful communications piece to your donors and other supporters? We’ll explore the trends toward shorter, more modern annual reports that are much easier to create and that provide real value to you and to your constituents. After this session, you will understand:
- How to choose a format that does the work of an annual report, but is easily repurposed for other uses too
- How to tell the story beyond the stats and financials
- The best formulas for creating powerful annual report infographics and videos
- What to do with donor lists and other space-hogging elements when you decide to do a short report instead
This webinar has been pre-approved for 1.0 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits.
Now part of the 5-part Communications series. Register for the series and save $5.
Kivi Leroux Miller
Founder and CEO, Nonprofit Marketing Guide
Kivi Leroux Miller is the founder and CEO of Nonprofit Marketing Guide, where she helps nonprofit communications professionals learn their jobs and love their jobs through a variety of training and coaching programs. She has personally mentored hundreds of nonprofit communications directors and communications teams as a certified executive coach. She is a popular keynote, workshop, and webinar presenter, speaking dozens of times each year. Kivi is also the award-winning author of three books, as well as a popular blog:
- CALM not BUSY: How to Manage Your Nonprofit’s Communications for Great Results (2018, published by Bold & Bright Media, which Kivi co-founded.)
- Content Marketing for Nonprofits: A Communications Map for Engaging Your Community, Becoming a Favorite Cause, and Raising More Money (2013, Winner of the Terry McAdam Book Award)
- The Nonprofit Marketing Guide: High-Impact, Low-Cost Ways to Build Support for Your Good Cause (2010, used as the textbook in many college and certificate programs on nonprofit communications)
Because she can't get enough of nonprofits and entrepreneurship for good, Kivi also co-leads a Girl Scout troop and is vice president of the Lexington Farmers Market Association (Lexington, NC). She also co-founded Grow and Go Girls, a small baking and gardening business where all net profits go into a travel fund for a group of small-town girls to travel the big world, including one of her daughters.