The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
Leadership Accelerator: Effective Strategies to Make DEI Stick
- Registration Closed
A four-hour accelerated course for leaders working towards an equitable and just profession.
The animal welfare field needs to change, and you play a crucial role in forging the path toward more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organizations. It can feel overwhelming and confusing. Where do we begin the journey? How do we know if we’re making progress? How do we get staff buy-in?
In this executive level leadership online class, you will work together as a cohort of committed leaders. Participants will engage in self-reflection, explore a roadmap for making DEI a strategic goal in your organization, and identify core skills leaders need to model.
While we recognize the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion from multiple levels of an organization, this course is specifically designed to support senior leaders, including executives, C-level staff, directors of municipal animal services, and board members.
- Jasmin M. Robinson, Director of DEI Initiatives, The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
- Maria Morukian, Founder & President, MSM Global Consulting
- This online course will not be recorded.
- Virtual break rooms will be used for small group activities and reflection.
- This course requires pre-work. Additional details will be provided after registration, however, we ask that leaders interested in this course commit to a total of 5 hours of pre-work before our scheduled session.
- Participants who complete the course will receive a printable certificate of completion and access to office hours from Maria Morukian and Jasmin M. Robinson.
- $49 for Professional and Student members of The Association
- $89 for Industry Partners
- $99 for Learning Members
If your organization has a financial hardship that makes paying for this training difficult, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about scholarships.
Limited to 20 participants. Please register by Monday, September 18.
This online course has been pre-approved for:
- 4 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits
- 4 NACA CEs
- 4 CEs towards ACO CE requirements per Ch. 829 of the Texas Health and Safety Code by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
Director of DEI Initiatives
The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
Jasmin M. Robinson is The Association's Director of DEI Initiatives. She is also the CEO and Founder of I.D.E.A.L. Education, LLC., and a consultant with MSM Global Consulting. She has over 10 years of experience leading efforts to foster and maintain inclusive work environments that welcome, embrace, empower, and celebrate people. She is actively pursuing a doctorate in Higher Education Leadership at Indiana State University.
President and Founder
MSM Global Consulting
Maria Morukian, the president of MSM Global Consulting, has twenty years of experience as a facilitator, coach and consultant on leadership, diversity, equity, inclusion, and intercultural competence. Maria hosts a podcast on critical DEI issues called Culture Stew. She is author of the book, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Trainers: Fostering DEI in the Workplace and co-author of ATD’s Handbook for Training and Talent Development.