The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
Looking Forward: The Future of Animal Welfare
WHAT: A three-day virtual conference to wrap up the year and propel us into 2022… and beyond
WHEN: Tuesday, December 7 - Thursday, December 9; starting at 1pm Eastern Time each day.
FOR WHOM: Anyone in animal welfare who is interested in thinking boldly and strategically to plan and support long-term growth and mission success
WHY: The content and the community. We’ll be looking at the future through various lenses, so three half-days will give us time to absorb these big topics:
- Addressing Security Issues in Animal Welfare
- Assessing the State of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion in Animal Welfare: Where Do We Go from Here?
- More Positive, Less Punitive: Finding Balance in Humane Law Enforcement
- Technology: Your Mission’s New BFF
- Serving the WHOLE Community: How to Use Data as Your Roadmap
- The DC Cat Count: Establishing Common Ground for Collaboration & Cat Population Management
- The Future of Talent Acquisition and Retention
Plus, we’ll serve up opportunities to connect with colleagues for juicy conversations on timely industry topics.
- The conference has been approved by Texas DSHS to apply toward animal control officer continuing education (CE) requirements per Ch. 829 of the Texas Health and Safety Code. The conference has been approved for 7.75 CE hours.
- NACA has approved the conference for CEs.
- Pending approval by CFRE for CEs
- Approved for 7.75 CAWA CEs