The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
The Roundtable: Preparing Your Agency for Disaster
- Registration Closed
Join a conversation about the importance of planning for a disaster event in your community before you and your agency are thrust into a response. The panel will discuss:
- Identifying the role that you, your agency and your partners will play during a response
- The process of developing a disaster plan
- Policy updates that may inform or guide how you respond, including The PREPARED Act, updates on AWA contingency rules, and state developments
- The importance of training, equipment, partnerships, and structure during a disaster response, including Incident Command System (ICS)
Moderated by Jim Tedford, CAWA, CEO & President, The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
The Roundtable Guests:
- Tim Rickey, Vice President, Field Investigations & Response, ASPCA
Tim Perciful, Manager, Disaster Response, ASPCA
- Susan Anderson, Director, Disaster Response, ASPCA
- Andrew Binovi, Senior Manager, Federal Legislation, ASPCA
Note the special time: Thursday at 5pm Eastern.
This roundtable has been pre-approved for 1 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credit.