The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
Frequently Asked Questions
All times listed are in EASTERN TIME
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE SOLUITONS SUMMIT?
Go here to register. You will need to login or create an account on our main site to register.
If you are not a member of The Association, learn about our membership types, including our free Learning Member type.
Fill out the registration form & be sure to select the 2023 Virtual Summit before finalizing your registration or adding another attendee.
HOW DO I EDIT MY REGISTRATION? / I HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE CONFERENCE BUT FORGOT TO ADD OTHER ATTENDEES.
Members can bring up to five non-members for free! If you’ve already registered & forgot to add other attendees, please follow these instructions.
- Log into https://theaawa.org/
- Under For Members, click Payments & History
- Click the Event Registrations tab.
- Click the pencil icon to edit.
- On the Attendee Info page, make sure no changes need to be made; then click Next.
- Click Save & Add Another Attendee
- Repeat the steps until you’ve completed all the registrations.
- Click Save & Proceed to Checkout
HOW DO I ACCESS THE CONFERENCE SESSIONS?
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you login, access any of the sessions by clicking on the Agenda tab in the top menu bar.
- Click on any session title and access the “View Session” button. On the next page, click Enter Session. You can only enter sessions 5 minutes before the scheduled start time.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE?
Take the following test: http://events.commpartners.com/webcasts/browsertest/
Device: It’s best to use a computer or laptop that has an updated internet browser.
Speakers: Sound is projected through your computer speakers, so make sure they work to hear the presenters.
Internet: It’s best to use a wired internet connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth, providing a better experience. Wifi is not recommended because the signal strength can vary.
Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari are the recommended browsers. Do not use Internet Explorer. Your browser must support HTML-5. To detect your browser version, run: https://whichbrowser.net
IP Addresses and Ports to Allow for HTML5 - Provide these to your IT department if the webcast is blocked: 22.214.171.124 port 80, 443 (web and audio) 126.96.36.199 port 80, 443 (web and audio) 188.8.131.52 ports 80, 443 (web and audio) 184.108.40.206 ports 80, 443 (web and audio) 220.127.116.11 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
Settings: Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your internet browser settings and that your browser is Active X enabled. If you are on a network that uses a firewall or VPN, you can test your access in advance to ensure our software will not be blocked by these items using this site.
Minimum System Requirements:
2.0Ghz Processor or faster
2 GB RAM (Greater than 2 GB recommended)
Need Further Technical Assistance? Please send an email to email@example.com
WHAT IF I CAN'T ATTEND THE LIVE EVENTS?
All keynotes and workshops will be posted within a 5-7 business days after June 13. The process will be similar to how you login for the live programs, but you will be able to view the recordings at your convenience through December 31, 2023.
I am in the session but the video froze/I can’t hear the audio. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you are not able to hear any audio through your computer speakers, first check to make sure your speakers are not muted or turned off. The next step is to refresh your screen by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard or clicking the “refresh” button in your web browser. Still no luck? Close the browse and open a new one. Last resort is to reboot your computer.
If you are having trouble viewing the video or the chat and you are connected to a VPN, try disconnecting from the VPN (if possible) and reloading the page to see if that helps.
HOW DO I ACCESS CLOSED CAPTIONING (CC)?
Sessions will take place on a streaming site. There will be tabs on the right side of the screen to access chat, photo uploads, emojis, and a CC function. The CC tab will open up its own area where you can see real-time transcription which is being typed live by a professional captioner. Post-conference, a PDF of the transcript will be added to each of the sessions’ pages (on the summit site) under Resources & Links.
Yoga with Ira and Tick, Tock, Talk will take place in Zoom and will have captioning enabled. On the bottom of the screen there will be a CC Transcript button which will give you options such as turning it on and off.
HOW DO I PRINT RECEIPTS?
- Sign into your Association account on https://theaawa.org/
- Under For Members at the top of the page, click on Payments & History
- Make sure the Stores & Events tab is selected
- Set the Filter by status dropdown to Any Status
- The icon to the left of the order date will allow you to view/print your receipt.
WHAT CEs MAY I EARN?
Each of the four sessions are approved for 1.0:
- CAWA CEs
- CFRE CEs
- NACA CEs
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) CEs toward ACO CE requirements per Ch. 829 of the Texas Health and Safety Code
For Technical Support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Registration Questions, please email: email@example.com
For Continuing Education Questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the full conference brochure
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|