The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
3-21-23 The Roundtable: Winning Staff Retention through Compensation and Benefits
Includes a Live Web Event on 03/21/2023 at 4:00 PM (EDT)
- Animal Welfare Professional Member - Free!
- Student Member - Free!
- Industry Partner Member - Free!
- Learning Member - Free!
Struggling to recruit and retain staff? You are not alone! Could it be your compensation and benefits package?
Three HR leaders will share their successful employment strategies related to compensation and benefits. Panelists will discuss what has worked and not worked with their teams, offering inspiration and ideas your org can consider. Conversation topics will include:
- Examining your organization’s compensation philosophy
- Influencing the board’s role in creating a culture of equitable compensation
- Offering your employees what they need while still balancing your budget
- Using a compensation study to gather data and influence change
The Roundtable Panel:
- Carol Boulding, Director, People & Culture, Toronto Humane Society
- Rick Hanna, Director of Human Resources, Hawaiian Humane Society
- Lisa Kroll, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, SPCA of Wake County (NC)
Moderated by Katherine Shenar, CAWA, Executive Vice & President, The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
This roundtable has been pre-approved for 1 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credit.
Director, People & Culture, Toronto Humane Society
Carol Boulding is a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) through the Ontario Human Resources Professional Association, with almost 30 years of HR Generalist experience in the non-profit sector, the last five of which have been in animal welfare.
Director of Human Resources, Hawaiian Humane Society
Rick joined the Hawaiian Humane Society Human Resources team in May 2022 as the Director of Human Resources. Rick has worked in Human Resources for 30+ years and has a deep passion for HR. He is an animal lover and die-hard Raiders and Lakers fan.
Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, SPCA of Wake County (NC)
Lisa Kroll has held a wide variety of positions with the SPCA of Wake County over nearly three decades of work for the organization. She is currently focused on strategic initiatives and planning, as the SPCA continues its growth and expansion of services throughout central and eastern North Carolina.