The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA)
Join an elite group of professionals committed to excellence in the management and operation of local animal welfare and control organizations. Learn more about the CAWA program:
- Why CAWA?
- How to Become a CAWA
- 2019 CAWA Program Applicant Guide
- Prepping for the CAWA Exam
- Already a CAWA? Make sure you maintain your certification: Recertification
- Submit learning events for advanced approval of Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA) continuing education (CE) credits
Any questions about certification can be directed to email@example.com.
The Certificate in Organizational Leadership
Developed by Integris Performance Advisors, The Certificate in Organizational Leadership is a high impact, self-paced online course designed for leaders throughout the animal welfare industry. By learning and applying the skills and techniques of this program, you will:
- Be equipped to drive your organization to higher levels of team performance, operational excellence, and employee engagement
- Become more emotionally intelligent while gaining deep insights into what drives you and those you work with
- Understand how to make your teams as productive and cohesive as possible
- Learn how to improve processes and streamline how work gets done
- Gain insights about the behaviors you must exhibit more frequently to be the most effective leader you can be
Leaders in any animal welfare organization, including senior executives, middle managers, and front line supervisors will benefit from this course, as will people who strive to become leaders someday.
Fees: $250 for Association Members, $375 for non-members.
BULK REGISTRATION: Enroll 5 or more of your staff/volunteers for the program at once & save $50 per person. Not valid with other discounts. Contact us for instructions.
- (Non-members will need to either become an Animal Welfare Professional Member [$250] or create a free “Learning Non-Member” account in order to register.)
- The course fee includes DiSC, a behavior assessment tool based on the DiSC theory of psychologist William Moulton Marston, which centers on four different personality traits.
Get a feel for the program - watch the free introductory webinar recording: How Healthy is Your Organization?
Certificate Programs from MindEdge Learning
MindEdge Learning was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators, and specializes in online education for professional development. MindEdge offers Certificate Program bundles and course. Courses are typically are 3+ hours each and often carry credits from CFRE, SHRM, PMI, and more. MindEdge courses are approved by The Association for CAWA CE credits. Learn more.
This certificate program will first help you become re-acquainted with your own stores of creativity and innovation.
This certificate program provides an overview of topics in statistics and their applications in a variety of fields.
This certificate program introduces non-financial managers to the essentials of finance, helping you become conversant in critical financial terminology and how to calculate key financial management indicators.
This suite of courses will teach you the basics of managing the benefits and policies that support an effective staff.
This certificate program introduces current management issues for nonprofit organizations such as fundraising, board and volunteer development, budgeting, reading financial statements, leadership, marketing, and setting strategic direction.
PRSA Crisis Communication Certification Program
The Public Relations Society of America (PSRA), the nation’s largest association of PR and communications professionals, offers an online Crisis Communication Certification Program.
Effective crisis communication can help organizations maintain trust, inspire consumer confidence and build competitive advantage. Recent poorly handled crises in business, government and nonprofits show how ineffective crisis communication can set an organization back significantly. Learn more about the on-demand, six hour online certificate program.
Members of The Association:to pay only $595 for the series. Non-members will pay the regular rate of $1,225.
First Time on this Site?
Log in with your Association username and password to access member discounted rates.
You may need to log into our main site first, then log in here.