The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
3-25-24 Leadership Accelerator: Effective Strategies to Make DEI Stick
Includes a Live Web Event on 03/25/2024 at 1:00 PM (EDT)
A four-hour accelerated workshop for leaders working towards an equitable and just profession.
In this executive level leadership online workshop, you will work together as a cohort of committed leaders. You will engage in self-reflection, create a roadmap for making DEI a strategic goal in your organization, and identify the core skills leaders need to model.
- Define concepts of DEI and impact on animal welfare
- Examine our DEI Journey Maps and share with others
- Practice calling in conversations and how to foster open communication
- Strategize new ways to incorporate DEI practices throughout your organization
- Craft a 90-day action plan for the top three things you can do that would advance DEI in your organization
While we recognize the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion from multiple levels of an organization, this course is specifically designed to support leaders, including executives, C-level staff, directors of municipal animal services, and board members.
- Workshop takes place online 1pm - 5pm ET on Monday, March 25
- This Zoom experience will not be recorded.
- Virtual break rooms will be used for small group activities and reflection.
- This course requires pre-work. Additional details will be provided after registration, however, we ask that leaders interested in this course commit to up to 3 hours of pre-work before our scheduled session.
- Participants who complete the course will receive a printable certificate of completion and access to office hours from Maria Morukian and Jasmin M. Robinson.
- Jasmin M. Robinson, Director of DEI Initiatives, The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
- Maria Morukian, Founder & President, MSM Global Consulting
Low-cost registration fees have been made possible thanks to the generosity of our sponsors.
- $19 for Professional and Student members of The Association
- $39 for Learning Members
- $99 for Industry Partners
If your organization has a financial hardship that makes paying for this training difficult, please contact us at email@example.com to inquire about scholarships.
Very limited seats available. Please register by Friday, March 15.
This online workshop has been pre-approved for:
- 4 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits
- 4 NACA CEs
- 4 CEs towards ACO CE requirements per Ch. 829 of the Texas Health and Safety Code by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
Director of DEI Initiatives
The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
Jasmin M. Robinson is The Association's Director of DEI Initiatives. She is also the CEO and Founder of I.D.E.A.L. Education, LLC., and a consultant with MSM Global Consulting. She has over 10 years of experience leading efforts to foster and maintain inclusive work environments that welcome, embrace, empower, and celebrate people. She is actively pursuing a doctorate in Higher Education Leadership at Indiana State University.
President and Founder
MSM Global Consulting
Maria Morukian, the president of MSM Global Consulting, has twenty years of experience as a facilitator, coach and consultant on leadership, diversity, equity, inclusion, and intercultural competence. Maria hosts a podcast on critical DEI issues called Culture Stew. She is author of the book, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Trainers: Fostering DEI in the Workplace and co-author of ATD’s Handbook for Training and Talent Development.