The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement Learning Center
03/25/20 Partnerships with Private Practitioners in the Shelter Setting
Recorded On: 03/25/2020
Animal shelters focus on both herd health and individual care. Private veterinary practices treat individuals. We all care about the animals in our community. How can we work together to save more lives? We will explore different relationship models between shelters and veterinary private practices. We will examine examples of successful relationships and collaborative partners, and look at less productive interactions. Learn how to build and maintain relationships.
This free webinar is especially for shelter vets, private practitioners that work with or are interested in working with shelters, and shelter/rescue leadership. Invite your local practitioners and participate this webinar together!
This program (both live and recorded) has been approved for:
- 1 hour of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval
- 1 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credit
- 1 CE by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) for Texas Animal Control Officers
- Members of The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement who are vets or vet students may receive a free 1-year membership with the Association of Shelter Veterinarians (ASV).
- Members of the Association of Shelter Veterinarians may receive a free 1-year membership with The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement.
>> Membership instructions will be sent after you attend your first webinar in full.
Allison Lash, DVM
Head of Veterinary Services, Cleveland Animal Protective League
Dr. Lash received both her Bachelor of Science in Zoology and her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from The Ohio State University. She has been a shelter veterinarian with the Cleveland APL since 2007 and was promoted to the head of veterinary services in 2011.